Wednesday, March 18, 2015

OCTOBER 8, 2012 9:57AM

H is for ... (31 Days of Halloween, Oct. 8)

Rate: 3 Flag


HAMMER HORROR!


From wikipedia:

Horror movies are another interest of Bush's and have influenced the gothic nature of several of her songs, such as "Hounds of Love", inspired by the 1957 horror movie Night of the Demon.[103] Her songs have occasionally combined comedy and horror to form dark humour, such as murder by poisoning in "Coffee Homeground", an alcoholic mother in "Ran Tan Waltz" and the upbeat "The Wedding List", a song inspired by François Truffaut's 1967 film of Cornell Woolrich's The Bride Wore Black about the death of a groom and the bride's subsequent revenge against the killer.[104]
Enter the amount, and click "Tip" to submit!

Comments

Major Kate Bush fan here, and love a few of the old Hammer Horror films I saw years back. This is one of my favourite Kate tunes, as well.
I'm just diggin' this series, Chiller. All hail to all things Halloween. Oh, and A+ for Kate Bush ... not widely in the "popular" public eye ... but she should be.

~R~
VA, I thought you might like this. She's something, isn't she? I listened to 50 Words for Snow last week while walking my dog. Definitely less experimental than her heady early stuff. I think my favorite Kate Bush song is "Watching You Without Me" from Hounds of Love.

Eyespye thank you! It's great to hear from you and I appreciate your reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment