Friday, March 20, 2015

OCTOBER 13, 2013 8:34PM

Day 13: Favorite Zombie Movie


 30 Day Horror Movie Challenge

Oct. 13: In your he-ead, In your he-ee-aad....



So, zombies.  They've ruled the horror roost for the better part of 10 years.  Great movies and television shows have been produced around them - most of them really about what happens to human beings when society breaks down.  There have been horrifically violent zombie films, romantic comedy zombie films, buddy comedy zombie films.  There is the "zombie by proxy" genre very well explained in this Big Salon article
Zombies are getting tired.  Yet, I do have a favorite.
  28DL
28 Days Later was one of the first zombie epics I took in at a big theater, and I was impressed.  I liked Cillian Murphy, he of the creepy ice blue eyes, and Naomi Harris.  Brendan Gleeson was there too.  The zombies were ultra violent and ultra fast.  The landscape of an abandoned, blighted London and English countryside was beautifully filmed.  Some of the human dilemma and behavior was as hideous and loathsome as the flesh-eating revenants.
Yeah, I dug it.  I know my favorite zombie movie should really be Night of the Living Dead , but there you go.
Now, there's also the most AWESOME zombie movie.  And I have written about it here.
 Also: zombies like sushi.

Comments

I'm going with Night of the Living Dead, myself.
Ditto with VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment